We plan to continue to run zoom sessions until at least June, then hopefully we can at last meet up for some social interaction (from June 21) such as a picnic or a canoe trip (which will be open by then). Then we plan to start rehearsals from September for two limited audiences Murder Mystery events – this in part to bring the audience and ourselves used to more social interaction. So a slow re-start. Probably plan for a full Spring production and we can start casting / rehearsals before Christmas.
The current short term plan is to have some new readings from this series – just fun! If we find a play from the set particularly good we can schedule a recording also at the end of the month.
This is a collection of one acts, which we have not read, and some of them are pretty good and would be fun. Lots for a narrator to put in and sound effects in some, so these are available on the site for people to download and then we can run through a few each Tuesday without worrying about recording. Lots of opportunities to try new characters.
We also have a selected play 1977 from Jossy. We plan to read this as well. Cast list: Angela Morley Christine Parker Marcus Dods Malcolm Williamson Terry Rawlings John Sanders Larry Ashmore. Other roles; Woman, Airport announcer, Studio Receptionist and Shop assistant.
These will be interspersed with Club Nights. All zoom calls start at 8.00pm, on the usual link below. If you did not have a chance to join any of our events over the past year, then look at the Events page where links to replays are available. The post-production work is being completed on Best Laid Plans and The Egg have been posted. Well worth a listen over Easter break. No meetings over Easter week of course.
- 1 April Club night – music selections
- 6 / 8 April – no meetings
- 13 April First read of a new play w/ Andrew
- 15 April club night – readings to share
- 20 April Rehearsal of new play
- 23 April club night – music
- 27 April rehearsal new play
- 30 April club night – quiz
- Advanced notification: Sep 25 Murder Mystery , Liston Hall
How to join the session
You can join using one of the following two ways:
- zoom app meeting number: 510-741-7650
- Click Link to join
- PLEASE mute your microphone and turn your video off during the performance or recordings.