Thanks for supporting our most recent production. Here are some pictures from our dress rehearsal.
by Ben Travers
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 6f
Gerald rents Rookery Nook where his wife, Clara, will join him later. He is agreeably surprised by a pretty stranger called Rhoda who comes running to him for protection against her irascible German stepfather. Gerald allows her to stay in one of the bedrooms but as she is clad only in pyjamas, it is vital to conceal her presence from nosy neighbours.
Please start circulating promotion for the production to your contacts. The graphic above links to the box office so we can order tickets right away! More details here
Don’t forget we are stopping for a drink on Thursday after rehersal. All welcome (especially if you bring a bottle / nibbles)
Saturday 15th Costumes from 2.00pm in studio w/ Gloria
Tuesday 18th First half of the play
Tuesday 18th Studio painting and set material delivery morning only w/ Brian , Olwen from 9.00 am
Wednesday 19th Private session rehearsal – could I have Andy and Jack and Charlotte at 8 Pound Lane.
Wednesday19th Set construction w/ Max, Brian, painting at studio w /Olwen
Thursday 20th Set Painting w/ Olwen, Brian – no rehearsal – night off please help with set painting if possible.
Tuesday 25th Second half of the play if possible: ALL CAST. Pancake day – lovely.
Thursday 27th Second half of play though I think there may be an absence..
Tuesday 3rd: Andy, Charlotte, Karen, David, Laura, Michelle,
Thursday 5th: Jossy, Karen, Andy, Laura, Steve, Charlotte, Wendy, Steve
Sunday: 8th: Run through from start, even if no Jack from 4.00pm
Tuesday 10th: Andy, Brian, Jossy, Michelle, Karen, Laura, Wendy, Steve
Thursday 12th : Andy, Brian, Jossy, David,
Sunday 15th: Run through from 4.00pm
Tuesday 17th: First half of play
Thursday 19th : Second half of the play
Sunday 22 GET IN- run through from 4:30 pm
Monday- Wednesday: Run through from 7 pm
Thursday -Saturday performances. Set strike after show:
Time 1930s. Summer at a seaside town. Start looking for stuff in the studio and at home please.
- Act 1 : formal evening dress for domestic event, so a calf-length sleeveless dress with some sparkle to it and possibly a wrap. Some ornament to the hair and earrings and a necklace though not flashy.
- Act 2: day dress: calf-length could be linen two piece in a fairly bright colour? Sleeved. Light jewelry
- Shoes: kitten heeled court shoe.
- Act 1: black tie and double breasted dinner jacket. Straw boater
- Act 2: Golfing dress: ideally, plus fours, but if not, pale trousers and long socks, brown shoes, jacket and tie and white shirt.
- Act 1: Dinner jacket, double breasted.
- Act 2: white shirt, and suit ( which he has )
- Act 1: travelling dress: jacket, trousers, brown shoes, cap? There is a jacket in wardrobe and shoes
- Act 2: White shirt and the same trousers and waistcoat as Act 1 but might have changed his tie.
- Acts 1,2,3: A wrapper over blouse and calf length skirt, plus hat of straw variety ( the one Laura used for Eliza ) possibly a coat?
- Act 1: pyjamas of the period: then dressing gown
- Act 2 and 3 pyjama jacket and trousers ( Gerald’s ) Poppy’s frock and then one other dress of the period.
- Hat, blouse, waistcoat and jacket and tie and golfing trousers or tweedy skirt, as she is a golfer.
- beige or whitish jacket, brown or whitish shorts/ trousers, tie. Shirt which has rolled up sleeves underneath, waistcoat, brown shoes or plimsolls. Long socks.
- monocle, panama hat; golfing trousers or long beige tucked into long socks, beige or sports jacket and waistcoat.
- A-line dress, perhaps, calf length, or gymslip style with sailor collar with dropped waist: flag sellers tray: sailor’s hat, kerchief knotted round neck. Underneath: camiknickers: all in one which covers bra and knickers. It should be suggestive, but easy to wear with confidence. Kittenish shoes, possibly peep-toe.
Mrs Popkiss ( mother ):
- large hat, long coat, dress underneath in dark colour, gloves, fur wrap ( fox? ) thick stockings, kitten heel shoes ( as in last play )
Events (8 pm at the Studio unless otherwise stated)
26th- 28th March – Spring production
See you soon!