Many thanks to those who attended the 81st AGM in June. We were able to report a flourishing society with some excellent productions and events last year. We also finish the year with an improvement of funds overall – which is always a good sign for any society (unlike the Trelaw Operatic Society). The Anderson Award was presented to Alison Edwards for her work taking over production sound service. The Back Stage award was awarded Toby for his help in the recent French exchange sets. Well done to both! Full AGM minutes to follow next month. The committee stands as before with the addition of Alison Edwards. See the list of current committee here
Murder Mystery Evening
Final reminder: The next ‘production’ of The Marlow Players is to be a Murder Mystery Evening on 5th July 2019 at Liston Hall. The price of tickets is £10 – which includes prizes for the half-time quiz and the first correct ‘Guess the Murderer’ answer drawn out of the hat. Full casting and rehearsal dates are posted in the May newsletter.
This is to be a public event – it is a fund-raiser – so if you know of anyone or any groups who may be interested, please let me know. We have already had some interest from a couple of groups in Marlow. The more, the merrier!!
Rehearsal and Casting
We have been notified that the planned production which is a Christie play we don’t yet have the performing rights confirmed. So as a back up we plan to have an additional casting 16 and 17 July for the play we have already read- Local Affairs. Please come and join us for that if possible.
We plan to have another canoes trip down the Thames over the summer. This is the equivalent of a pic-nic on the move! I need to know numbers – names to Brian please. We have one date nominated Sunday 28 July, but this might have to change if the weather is not so good. If we have the interested names then we can contact them directly. The trip is same as last year – start at Henley meadows (by the Rowing Museum) then down to finish the Two Brewers, Marlow. Boats will be collected from there Canoe trip and picnic.
- 2nd July: Murder Mystery rehearsal
- 4th July: Murder Mystery rehearsal
- 5th July: Murder Mystery performance Liston Hall.
- Canx: 14th July: Garden get-together at 8 Pound Lane – Bring and share arrangements. Andrew has postponed this item until later in the year.
- 16th and 17th (back up day) July casting for second choice for November production
- 23rd July November production script walk through with cast
- 28th July: Canoe trip and picnic. Sunday (from 10.00 am) Henley to Marlow all day trip down the Thames.
- 11th August: Pimms and strawberry tea at Di Hudson’s. Greenbanks, New Road, Bourne End. Bring and share
Members subs are due 1 June 2019 for the whole of the next year. Please on-line or see Brian at the meeting. Thanks
See Members page to pay on-line.