Mystery Shooting Shambles at Shrapnel Castle
Please start promoting the events Poster.
Back by popular demand! Over the summer we plan to have one, or maybe two, murder mystery evenings like we did last summer. We have a new title to try out and rehearse, so if you would like to have a part, then come along on the days! What I like about these is that you really can ‘ham it up’ and look – no need to learn the script either! We have an idea to perform one night at Liston Hall, and another an invitational with a local Rotary.
- Thursday 12 July
- Thursday 19 July
A brief run-through of the cast:
- Lord Albert – lord of the castle – Brian
- Sir Cecil – his brother, short of money – Andy
- Randolph – the rather effete young clergyman, engaged to Sir Cecil’s daughter – G A kendrick
- Andrew Hardwick – the cad – Max
- Burke – the butler – Andrew
- Inspector Dick – the rather stupid policeman – Max
- Lady Elizabeth – lady of the manor – Jossy
- Lady Clarissa – mother of Penelope – Di
- Penelope – engaged to Randolph – Sharon
- Mrs Pyles – the housekeeper – Hilary
- Betty – the maid – Hilary
- Narrator – Mandie
- Long interval quiz – Brian (or anybody else who like to do it)
- Stage manager, sound – Caroline, Jacky
Actual performance in Liston Hall is Saturday 21st July. If you would like to take part, please come along and see any rehearsals.
Di has confirmed Sunday 22July for the strawberry tea. Timings are 3-6p.m. Please bring a bottle and a plate of food. Please liaise with Di concerning what type of comestible would be suitable.
Planned – canoe trip down the Thames in open canoes with a pic-nic en-route . More details to follow on exact dates etc. Please let Brian know if interested to join the group. Each canoe will hold up to three people comfortably, with life jackets and paddles supplied. transport will be arranged so we start in Henley and end up in Marlow. Price is 10 per person, plus your picnic. Preferred date is 5 August 2018.
We have not been able to cast the larger play, so an alternative is now being considered, with a small cast as below. Gloria will be directing.
Full Length Play, Comedy / 4m, 2f
Corrie and Paul are newly-weds who have just moved into their cold eyrie apartment in New York. Corrie is starry-eyed, Paul less so after staggering up five flights. Their house seems to be populated by unusual people, the most bohemian being Victor whom Corrie finds entertaining. Corrie tries matchmaking between Victor and her lonely mother but after a disastrous dinner party she learns that walking barefoot in the park may not necessarily denote joie de vivre — in February it is simply silly! (Slightly restricted)