We have organised the weekend timetable and should now like to ask Members and Friends for offers of hospitality. We expect three couples and eight singletons.
The weekend will run thus:
- Friday afternoon (about 5.30 p.m.) the French arrive and are taken to their hosts’ home to freshen up
- We have organised a meal in The Garden Room, Liston Hall to which hosts and French are invited. (A bottle of wine would be appreciated!) Other Marlow Players Members will be asked to pay £5 per person and to bring a bottle of wine. We have live musical entertainment planned, curtesy of Jossy!
- The next morning, after breakfast, most guests will go to the theatre to set up the stage and will return to their hosts for lunch
- They will go back to the theatre after lunch and we provide a cold collation for them at teatime, as they do not return to their hosts’ home until after the party
- Performance, starting at 8.00pm. Performance will be at Bourne End, not Shelly. Pack away staging and costumes
- After the performance, Brian and Margaret are hosting the after-show party
- Hosts and Baladins are invited to Gloria and John’s for Sunday lunch, after which the Baladins leave.
N.B. The afternoon is free to watch the Royal Wedding and/or the FA Cup Final! It is a fairly packed weekend (especially this year), but always great fun. Please offer help if you can.
Best Wishes, Gloria
Please email our secretary if you are able to assist. in hosting.