Congratulations to the team for putting on the Murder Mystery in record time! we had good audience for a Friday afternoon – a lot of people we expect to be working of course. Really great to be back stage again.
We plan to continue to run Zoom sessions until the end of July combined with some in-person gatherings. Our last Annual General Meeting will be was held in the Studio on Tuesday 29 June, at 8.00pm . If you missed it, details are here:
Update: this performance is postponed until September. Hughenden Valley Players are putting on a play outside on 10 and 11 July. See Jossy if you would like a ticket (limited supply). Later in the summer we are planning a barbecue in Brian’s garden on Friday 30 July (change of date to avoid Hughenden Players dates) and a picnic and/or a canoe trip on Saturday 7 August. Please let Brian know if you are interested in the canoe trip.
Then in September we plan to start rehearsals for two limited audiences Murder Mystery events – this in part to bring the audience and ourselves used to more social interaction. So a slow re-start. We will probably plan for a full Spring production and we can start casting / rehearsals before Christmas.
The Project Gutenberg e-Book of One-Act Plays by Modern Authors; Editor: Helen Louise Cohen. This is a collection of one acts, which we have not read, and some of them are pretty good and would be fun.
Andrew has released first draft of Act I for reading.
- 6 July: no meeting (break after performance)
- 13 July first read of new murder mystery, zoom call
- 20 July second read of new murder mystery, zoom call
- 30 July: Friday: Barbecue at Brian’s, 21 Gossmore Walk. From 7.00pm
- 7 August: Picnic with canoe trip from Henley to Marlow. Finishing at Two Brewers
- 4/5 September: visit to Hughenden Players out door performance
- 7 September Rehearsals start for Murder Mystery (Studio)
- 14 September: Rehearsals for Murder Mystery (Studio)
- 25 September: Murder Mystery at Liston Hall
- zoom app meeting number: 510-741-7650
- Click Link to join
- You will be ‘let in’ as we know who you are
- PLEASE mute your microphone and turn your video off during the performance or recordings.