- The name of the Society shall be The Marlow Players.
- The objects of the Society shall be the promotion of drama, and shall include play readings and public performances. All profits shall be devoted to these objects and no Member of the Society shall receive payment, either direct or indirect for his/her services.
- The management of the Society shall be in the hands of a Committee consisting of: a Predident, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and five other Members, to be elected at the Annual General Meeting each year.
- Five Members shall constitute a quorum for Committee meetings, and twelve for a general meeting.
- The President shall call an Extraordinary General Meeting within fourteen days of the request of any ten Members, the meeting to be convened within one calendar month of the request.
- The selection of plays to be read or produced shall be made by the Committee. The Committee shall also select the Director, but the casting of plays to be produced shall be done by the Director in consultation with the Committee.
- All participants in productions should be Members of The Marlow Players, and exemptions to be agreed by the Committee.
- Members’ annual subscriptions shall be determined at each Annual General Meeting.
- The rules of the Society may be changed at a General Meeting, after at least fourteen days’ notice of any proposed changes. Any proposals for changes must be made in writing to the Hon. Secretary and signed by two members.
- The Society’s financial year shall end on 31st March, and accounts shall be audited by a person appointed by the Committee.
Amendments and Observations:
The Committee draws Members’ attention to Rule 6 of ‘The Rules of the Marlow Players’:
‘The selection of plays to be read or produced shall be made by the Committee. The Committee shall also select the Director, but the casting of plays to be produced shall be done by the Director in consultation with the Committee.’
We wish to make it clear that, while all Members – long-standing and new, are strongly encouraged to come to casting readings, we reserve the right to allocate parts to any Members unable to attend a casting reading, provided an interest in a part has been expressed and his/her capabilities are known to the Committee.