The Marlow Players recognise that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity.
Subject to statutory provisions, no member or individual to whom we provide services, will be treated less favourably than another because of any of the nine protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act 2010:
- Age (subject to minimum membership age of 16)
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including ethnic or national origins, colour or nationality)
- Religion or belief (including lack of belief)
- Sexual orientation
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All volunteers, members, and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all (subject to minimum membership age of 16)
- All members will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the society.
- All members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to the society secretary.